EPISODE 381: A Year Spent Growing & Foraging Your Own Food
Would you survive if you had to grow or forage your own food for an entire year? Would you eat roadkill, wild yam, coconuts, and acorn grubs? Rob Greenfield is finishing up 365 days straight growing and gathering (from the ‘wild’) as his own food. Rob is an adventurer, environmental activist, humanitarian, and a guy on a mission to create a more sustainable and just world.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why our current food systems are broken
- How extremes can plant seeds for moderate ideas that make more sense
- Why mono-crops and siloed thinking have a lot in common
- How our planet will look and feel with 9 billion people on it
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Rob Greenfield is an adventurer, environmental activist, humanitarian, and a guy on a mission to create a sustainable and just world. He dumper-dived into more than two thousand dumpsters across the United States, cycled across the USA three times, wore all his own garbage as clothing for 30 days, and spent the past year growing and foraging his own food. Rob walks his talk.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Links & Resources:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes