EPISODE 214: Corrective Exercise
with Brendan Ridings
Prefer to download? Download
We often think of “exercise” as the yoga class after work, the morning jog, or a weightlifting session. But there are many more ways to exercise, and one often overlooked is Corrective Exercise; fitness practices designed specifically to correct weakness, tightness and imbalance in the body.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll learn about simple self-care techniques that can make a huge difference in your health.
About the Guest
Brendan won World and National Collegiate powerlifting championships during his studies and went on to attain his Corrective Exercise Specialty from The National Academy of Sports Medicine. Brendan invented Posture PT back support that launched on Kickstarter recently. He is a practicing meditator under guidance of Sadhguru of the Isha Foundation, schooled in classical yoga and mysticism.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why Corrective Exercise is a great choice for healing injuries
- Why stronger rather than gentler rehab routines might just be the best choice
- Why tight hip flexors can cause lower back pain
- What “autogenic inhibition” is and how it can help you with corrective exercise self-care
- How “the couch stretch” can help counteract the effects of chronic sitting
- How “the doorway stretch” can help open your upper body
- Why 1 minute of mobility per 30 minutes of sitting can make a huge difference
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Are there any good store bought Salad Dressings?
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Information from the show: