EPISODE 174: Live Dirty, Eat Clean – Microbiome
Prefer to download? Download
“The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for your soul to reside in.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
Your gut health is vitally important for your immune system, digestion, and even your mood. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, gastroenterologist and wellness expert, Dr Robynne Chutkan, teaches the importance of a cultivating a balanced microbiome; and she warns against the severe impact digestive distress can have on your body and your life.
Dr Chutkan founded the Digestive Center for Women (DCW) in 2004, an integrative gastroenterology practice that includes nutritional therapy, meditation, biofeedback and counseling, as well as gastrointestinal procedures like endoscopy, colonoscopy, and video capsule endoscopy.
Dr Chutkan makes regular appearances on The Doctor Oz show, and has been a featured expert on The Today Show, The Early Show, The Doctors, and local news programs. She has been featured in numerous articles on GI diseases in The Washington Post, Self, Shape, Healthy, Yoga Journal, Ladies Home Journal, Fitness, Women’s Health, and the Huffington Post among others.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why you should aim for “clean wipe” bowel movements
- Why your colon is not blocked—but it might not be so healthy
- Why probiotics cannot replace dietary healthy bacteria
- Why inulin fiber is crucial for feeding good bacteria
- How a plant-based diet can shift your microbiome (for the better) in as little as 30 hrs
- Why sweat when stressed out smells bad
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Why Kombu (seaweed ) is so good for you!
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us [email protected]
Thanks to Our Sponsor!
Are You a Yoga Teacher or Studio Owner? YOGABODY Business is excited to announce their first-ever Facebook Marketing for Yoga Teachers course. This online course can be attended from anywhere in the world and guarantees to double your impact, audience and sales through Facebook.
To learn more, visit: