EPISODE 151: Healing Herbs for Yoga Students
Prefer to download? Download
Over-the-counter drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen are cheap, easy to obtain and provide instant pain relief – but they are more of a coverup than a cure. For these reasons, it’s no surprise that yoga students often look toward natural remedies first, and to help you with this area of study, Susun Weed joins this week’s Yoga Talk Show to share her wisdom about herbal medicine with a specific slant toward yoga students.
Susun Weed began studying herbal medicine in 1965 and wrote her first book, Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year (now in its 29th printing) in 1985 followed by a series of books including: Healing Wise, New Menopausal Years the Wise Woman Way, Breast Cancer? Breast Health! The Wise Woman Way, and Down There: Sexual and Reproductive Health the Wise Woman Way.
Susun Weed is a contributor to the Routledge International Encyclopedia of Women’s Studies, peer-reviewed journals, and popular magazines, including a regular column in Sagewoman.
Susun appears on many television and radio shows, including National Public Radio and NBC News.
In this Show, You’ll learn:
- What types of herbs help with sore muscles, sore joints, and connective tissues
- Which kind of teas and infusions are the most beneficial for you
- Whether plants can help with nervous system health and nervous system training
- Coffee and cannabis: friend or foe?
Links & References from the Show
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org