EPISODE 294: The End of Alzheimer’s
Do you have a friend or family member losing their short-term memory, losing their mental “edge”, and just generally slowing down in terms of brain function? If so, this week’s Yoga Talk Show delivers insight into neurodegenerative problems and what you can do about them.
Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s are among the top 3 causes of death worldwide. Toxins, inflammation, and high sugar diets are among the many causes; but fortunately, we have better tools than ever for prevention and reversal of problems. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet Alzheimer’s thought-leader, Dr. Dale Bredesen.
Listen in to learn:
- How cheap genetic testing shows you if you have a genetic predisposition to Alzheimer’s Disease
- Why neurodegenerative illnesses are now in the top 3 leading causes of death internationally
- How meal timing and ketosis can prevent and help reverse problems
- Why inflammation is a disaster for brain health
- Why 21st century medicine must focus on data, quantified self, testing and tracking
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Bredesen is an expert in the mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases and is best-known recently for his work with Alzheimer’s disease specicically. He’s the author of a new book, The End of Alzheimer’s. He graduated from Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC and has held faculty positions at UCSF, UCLA and the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Bredesen directed the Program on Aging at the Burnham Institute before coming to the Buck Institute in 1998 as its founding President and CEO.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Complete Protein
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes