EPISODE 280: Mobility Training
There are two types of people who say that flexibility doesn’t matter. The first group is stiff as a board and want an excuse for their lack of mobility. The second group consists of people who have always been flexible, the dancers and gymnasts who flop into the splits like it’s nothing.
For the rest of us, flexibility absolutely matters. It impacts our posture, our walking and running gates, and even our potential for injury.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet a yoga teacher working with professional athletes to improve their mobility—and the stakes couldn’t be higher. These are people whose body is their business. They need to train hard, recover fast, and injury prevention is a top priority.
Listen in to learn:
- How mobility training gets integrated into professional sports training
- How yoga teachers can add value to athletes, adapting their teaching and language to meet students where they’re at
- Why flexibility training should be done after (not before) strength or conditioning
- How flexibility training can temporarily reduce power and joint stability, but why that doesn’t mean you should avoid it
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dana Santas, also known as the “Mobility Maker,” is a mind-body coach for professional sports teams. She is the yoga expert for CNN Health, and an international speaker helping people breathe, move and feel better.
Dana is currently the yoga, mobility & breathing coach for the Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Rays, Philadelphia Phillies, Atlanta Braves, Toronto Blue Jays, Houston Texans, Tampa Bay Lightning & World Wrestling Entertainment.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Best Meat to Choose
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes