EPISODE 279: The Problem with Nice Guys
Nice Guy Syndrome is when men try so hard to be liked and helpful that they end up miserable and alone. The people-pleasing, caretaker role is something that initially sounds great but often leads to huge meltdowns in personal and professional relationships. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, we depart from our usual discussions about nutrition, anatomy and alignment to explore interpersonal relationships, particularly men’s complex and often confused role.
Listen in to learn:
- Why avoiding conflict creates more problems than it solves
- Why dysfunctional relationships are the norm
- Why cooperative reciprocal relationships should be the goal
- Caring vs. caretaking – what’s the difference?
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Glover is a marriage and family therapist and is an internationally-recognized authority on the Nice Guy Syndrome. Through his book, online classes, workshops, podcasts, blogs, consultation, and therapy groups, Dr. Glover has helped change the lives of countless men and women around the world.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- White Sugar
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes