EPISODE 274: The Power of Self-Awareness
Do you know yourself? Really? Do you know what makes you tick and what drives you… what lights you up and what dims your fire? Self-awareness doesn’t come naturally. Like all forms of intelligence, it’s cultivated over time—but very few people invest in this skill. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll learn how both internal and external self-awareness can be meta-skills in modern life.
Listen in to learn:
- Internal vs. external self awareness
- Why self-acceptance can be better than self-esteem
- Why the tendency is to avoid giving feedback when we really need it
- Why you must be picky about whom you receive feedback from
- The Dinner of Truth: find a “loving critic” and ask them what they most appreciate and what most drives them crazy
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Tasha Eurich is an organizational psychologist, researcher, and New York Times best-selling author. Tasha has contributed to The Guardian, TED.com, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneur, and CNBC.com.
Her work has been featured in Business Insider, Fortune, Forbes, The New York Times, Fast Company, and New York Magazine, as well as several peer-reviewed journals. She was named a “Top 100 Thought Leader” by Trust Across America, a “Leader to Watch” by the American Management Association, and one of Denver Business Journal’s “40 Under 40.” Tasha is the author of two best-selling books, Bankable Leadership, and INSIGHT.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes