EPISODE 166: Food & Flexibility
For some strange reason, many yoga students overlook the importance of diet on their yoga practice—and this is a huge mistake. “You are what you eat,” is a phrase everyone has heard, but in yoga, it’s even more true than in other activities. Certain foods digest quickly, nourish your soft tissues, and simply make practice easier. Other foods fry your nervous system, slow digestion, and add unnecessary roadblocks to your practice.
Listen in to learn:
- Why micronutrients are so important
- Which foods nourish your body’s connective tissues
- Natural plant foods that turn off inflammation
- Nervous system balancing foods to eat and avoid
Links & Resources:
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Swap our your refined sugar for coconut palm sugar!
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes