EPISODE 242: HeartMath: How to Listen to & Train Your Heart
with Howard Martin
Prefer to download? Download
Most people assume that a healthy heart is beating slowly and steadily. The truth is a healthy heart is agile, highly variable, and changing with every inhale and exhale.
The measurement of your real-time, beat-to-beat variance is called, Heart Rate Variability, and it’s something every yoga student should learn. In a matter of minutes, you can “see” what’s going on in terms of your nervous system and emotional self, and more importantly, you can breath and visualize to change it when needed. On this week’s show, you’ll meet, Howard Martin, a leading voice at HeartMath.
What You’ll Learn:
- How a heart-based approach to daily living can create positive change to meet global challenges
- The importance of neuro-cardiology, the study of the heart’s own nervous system
- How the heart is sending more signals to the brain than it receives
- Why the heart is an electrical organ, the strongest source of bio-electricity (40x’s more than the brain) and projects its electromagnetic field 3-4 feet around you
- How emotional activity can impact your electromagnetic field
- Why “coherence” is a state of psycho-physiological balance, the goal of much of our mind-body wellness
- How heart rate variability (HRV) can tell you more about your nervous system status and emotional health
- 3 steps to heart-based breathing
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Howard Martin is one of the original leaders who helped Doc Childre found HeartMath and has been with the organization since its inception in 1991 serving as a key spokesperson and executive.
In 1999 he co-authored with Doc Childre, The HeartMath Solution. Howard is also a contributing author of the new book, Heart Intelligence, Connecting with the Intuitive Guidance of the Heart. During his career with HeartMath and the Global Coherence Initiative, Howard has delivered educational programs to tens of thousands of people including: Fortune 100 companies, government agencies, all four branches of the U.S. military, and school systems in over 50 cities on four continents.
- Bulk Tea vs Bag Tea
Like the Show?
- Leave us a Review on iTunes
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Hurts So Good Massage Balls allow you to release tension, break up sliding surface dysfunctions, and improve circulation in and around your muscles and tendons, ligaments, and fascia.
- Relieve tight muscles knots, aches and pains any time, on your own
- Improve blood flow to targeted areas for nourishment and elimination of waste
- Release and relieve compressed nerves such as carpel tunnel and sciatica
- Assist in scar tissue elasticity and correct healing