EPISODE 223: Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises [TRE]
with David Berceli
Prefer to download? Download
How many people do you know who live stress-free lives without any tension or trauma? Let me guess: none! Stress, tension and even “soft trauma” are part of all our lives, and the tools most of us have to deal with these issues are limited at best. A dedicated yoga practice can offer great help, but there are new and innovative ways to balance your nervous system and release neurological tension.
In this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet Dr. David Berceli, creator of Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE), a very powerful way to use controlled tremors to overcome inner conflict.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Dr. Berceli teaches 7 poses to incite a controlled tremor response
- The difference between a neurological and psychological trauma
- Neurophysiology: how your mind impacts your body and body your mind
- Why trauma can arise from any over-stimulation to the nervous system
- What we can learn from the animal kingdom about shaking and tremors
ABOUT DAVID BERCELI
David Berceli, Ph.D. is an international expert in the areas of trauma intervention and conflict resolution. He is the creator of Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE). David has spent over twenty years providing trauma relief workshops and designing recovery programs for international organizations around the world. He has lived and worked extensively in Israel/Palestine, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Yemen, Egypt, and Lebanon.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Bulletproof Coffee
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org