EPISODE 222: Developing Your Own At-Home Practice
with Lucas Rockwood
Prefer to download? Download
Advanced yoga students come in all shapes and sizes around the world, but the one thing they all share in common is a commitment to self-practice. In order to achieve mastery at any skill whether yoga or chess, at-home study is a must; but the problem is that most students struggle with motivation and follow-through. There are more video classes, practice tips and tools than ever before in history, and yet at-home practice is just as challenging as ever.
So what do you do?
In this week’s Yoga Talk Show, Lucas shares his personal tips and tricks for taking yoga from a “here and there” practice to a total lifestyle shift. He’ll give you simple strategies for integrating your practice in all aspects of your life, from morning to night.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why morning or evening are usually the best “practice times”
- Why 30-minutes per day might make more sense than an hour
- How to bookend your day with breathing
- Simple online tools for accountability, community and support
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Intermittent Fasting – should you give it a go?
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our sponsor:
The Yoga Teachers College combines new technology and age-old apprenticeship to deliver a level of education previously unavailable anywhere. We train students not just teach, but to become local business leaders in the mind-body wellness industry