EPISODE 217: The Big Protein Question
with Lucas Rockwood
Prefer to download? Download
In any health conversation, one of the most-common things discussed is: “So where do you get your protein?” This is not a bad question, but it’s not exactly the right question either. Protein is a real concern for everyone navigating our modern food system, but there are better questions to ask to achieve optimal health.
In this week’s Yoga Talk Show, Lucas shares new ways to think about protein and make choices in your own life that you’ll notice right away.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why the “complete protein” myth does more harm than good
- Why percentage-based protein numbers confuse most people
- How to determine your baseline protein needs
- Why protein deficiency is extremely rare, but imbalance is common
- Real concerns for you and our world food system in regards to protein
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Sodium Intake Recommendations
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us email@example.com
Thanks to our sponsor:
The Yoga Trapeze is the #1 most popular yoga inversion sling in the world, and both our September and January teacher training courses are completely sold out. Good news! We’ve just opened up April 2017 for applications, and so this is an opportunity for you to gain the professional skills and confidence needed to teach professionally this exciting new style of yoga.
Applications and information available here: Yoga Trapeze Teacher Training