EPISODE 210: Demystifying Core Strength
with Dr. Sarah Ellis Duvall
Prefer to download? Download
Dr. Sarah Ellis Duvall is a physiotherapist specializing in core work, pelvic floor, functional movement, and injury prevention and healing. A former division I athlete, Dr. Duvall has been working with athletes, moms, office works and everyone in-between to help them find balance and heal their bodies.
If you ask anyone who is into health and fitness, core strength is usually top on their list of priorities. But what is core strength, anyway? Is that six-pack abs? Does it mean you can do 300 crunches? On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet physiotherapist, Dr. Sarah Ellis Duvall, who will demystify core strength and help you understand many of the nagging conditions that result from a weak and imbalanced core.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why head and chin position is foundational for proper posture which leads to core strength and stability
- Why pelvic floor tone is a follower not a leader, meaning you need to sort out your movement patterns to best affect change
- Why tight and weak are usually the enemy while flexible and strong are usually the treatment
- Why we must have basic, functional fitness capacity such as the ability to do a push-up, pull-up, and squat
- Why Kegals and Mula Bandha can be the wrong choice for some people
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Soy Sauce
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us [email protected]
Thanks to our sponsor:
Your Best Year Ever!
This is a total immersion yoga retreat set in Barcelona. Your days will be filled with yoga practice, nutrition lectures, breathing workshops, posture clinics and outdoor adventures; and you’ll also have plenty of time each day to explore the beautiful city of Barcelona on your own or with your fellow students.