EPISODE 203: The Dangers & Benefits of Breathing
with Lucas Rockwood
Prefer to download? Download
Breathing has never been more popular in yoga, fitness, and mindfulness circles—but unfortunately, most people lump all breathing into one category assuming that it’s all good. The reality is that different breathing practices have dramatically different effects on your body and nervous system.
So before you breathe yourself into a frenzy, hold your breath for 3 minutes, or slow your respiration down to a stupor, it’s worth digging into the science of what’s really going on.
What You’ll Learn:
- How breath can either up-regulate, down regulate, or balance your nervous system
- Why many schools of breathing mistakenly teach one method as “the” method when the right breath practice depends on you and your situation
- The dangers of using extreme breathing practices while bathing, swimming or even while driving
- The differences between Wim Hof breath, Buteyko, most yogic breathing, and HRV balancing breath
Yoga Practice Tip of the Week:
- Strength vs Flexibility – how do you find balance?
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our sponsor:
First Ever Yoga Trapeze Teachers Training Course in Barcelona!
Here is what you get:
- A 50 hour course delivered in two forms – virtual e-learning and in person practice/teaching
- 25 hours are virtual e-learning, where you learn anatomy, physiology, everything you need to know as a Yoga Teacher
- 25 hours are in person – practice, teaching, setup and class organization everything you need to lead a 60 min Yoga Trapeze Class
- Groups of up to 20 people
Now accepting applications: www.YogaTeachersCollege.com