EPISODE 199: Home Grown Mushrooms
with Nikhil Arora
Prefer to download? Download
Many of us go to great lengths and great expense to obtain organic and locally-grown foods, but the leftovers including stems, rinds, peels, and grounds are usually throw in the garbage. What a waste!
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll meet, Nikhil Arora, the co-founder of Back to the Roots, an innovative company that uses up-cycled coffee grounds to grow mushrooms – and you can too using their at-home kits.
Mushrooms are one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can grow in just about any home or apartment, and they surely play a role in the future of food.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why it makes no sense to throw away high quality food scraps and cuttings
- How coffee grounds can be used to grow superfoods in just about any home
- Why the future of food needs to offer more people better quality food for less money
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Why you should eat mushrooms?!
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our sponsor:
The YOGABODY Teachers College combines new technology and age-old apprenticeship to deliver a level of education previously The YOGABODY Teachers College combines new technology and age-old apprenticeship to deliver a level of education previously unavailable anywhere. We train students not just teach, but to become local business leaders in the mind-body wellness industry
Join the Early Notification List for First Application Preference: