EPISODE 193: 10% Happier with Meditation
Prefer to download? Download
Meditation has been shown to reduce stress, increase focus, and lower blood pressure, but when there are so many different types of meditation techniques, how do you decide which one is right for you? After having a nationally broadcast panic attack on Good Morning America in 2004, news anchor, Dan Harris, turned to meditation.
On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, you’ll learn which styles of medication helped Dan overcome substance abuse, PTSD, anxiety and stress.
Dan Harris is a correspondent for ABC News and the co-anchor for the weekend edition of Good Morning America. Previously, he was the anchor of the Sunday edition of World News. He regularly contributes stories for shows such as Nightline, 20/20, World News with Diane Sawyer and GMA.
Harris has reported from all over the planet, covering wars in Afghanistan, Israel/Palestine and Iraq, and producing investigative reports in Haiti, Cambodia, and the Congo. Dan is the author of the book, 10% Happier and the co-founder of a new app by the same name.
What You’ll Learn:
- How a successful news anchor had an anxiety attack on national TV
- Why most self-help and personal development information is B.S.
- How 10% happier can compound and grow into something truly life changing
- Why “clearing your mind” is not possible nor the goal of meditation—the goal is to start
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Goats Milk: is there such a thing as eating dairy healthfully
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us email@example.com
Thanks to our sponsor:
The Yoga Trapeze is the most powerful, at-home yoga inversion tool ever created. Hang from inside from a doorway; or outside from a beam, bar or swing set. Setup is fast and simple, results are immediate.
The Yoga Trapeze will change your backbends forever… less pain and more flexibility with balance upper body and core strength.
Try now for just $1!