EPISODE 179: Surviving the Holidays
Prefer to download? Download
Popular health advice around the holidays usually includes such nonsense as doing squats before you pig-out, taking charcoal capsules after you drink too much, and going to the gym twice per day in an attempt to balance out your gluttony. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but none of those things will undo the damage of overeating and overdrinking—but there are some simple strategies that can really make a difference.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why eating 1 gram of carbs / 1 lbs of body weight is a simple way to keep your holiday food consumption in check
- Why desserts and alcohol are the most fat-inducing things to avoid
- How to make your holidays more active and naturally fitness-oriented
- Why mental health is an absolute must during the holidays, and some simple ideas for getting started
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Phytoestrogens and Xenoestrogens – how do they affect us?
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org