EPISODE 177: Lucid Dreaming
Prefer to download? Download
Dream states are more than just random fantasy. Dreaming can be incredibly healing and is believed to be an essential part of all restful sleep. Robert Waggoner, a leading authority on lucid dreaming, suggests that by decoding our dreams we can begin to understand our psyche. On this week’s Yoga Talk Show, Lucas Rockwood and Robert look at different types of sleep and dreams, and the potential impact that lucid dreaming can have on our physical and mental health.
Robert is the author of, Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self and Lucid Dreaming, Plain and Simple: Tips and Techniques for Insight, Creativity, and Personal Growth. Robert frequently speaks on lucid dreaming at national and international dream conferences, workshops and college classrooms, like Sonoma State University, Iowa State University, University of Washington, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and Evergreen State College.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why long cycle REM sleep is most conducive to lucid dreams
- How napping can produce an “REM rebound” in some people
- How dream help us process memory and emotions
- How dreams can be a creative outlet
- About the scientific research that proved and tested lucid dreams
- How daytime mindfulness can help with lucid processing
- How to use a reality check trigger in dreams to know you’re dreaming
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Sesame oil: good or bad?
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us [email protected]
Thanks to Our Sponsor!