EPISODE 166: Food & Flexibility
Prefer to download? Download
For some strange reason, many yoga students overlook the importance of diet on their yoga practice—and this is a huge mistake. “You are what you eat,” is a phrase everyone has heard, but in yoga, it’s even more true than in other activities. Certain foods digest quickly, nourish your soft tissues, and simply make practice easier. Other foods fry your nervous system, slow digestion, and add unnecessary roadblocks to your practice.
In this Show, You’ll learn:
- Why micronutrients are so important
- Which foods nourish your body’s connective tissues
- Natural plant foods that turn off inflammation
- Nervous system balancing foods to eat and avoid
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Swap our your refined sugar for coconut palm sugar!
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our sponsors!
Absolute Yoga Academy is one of the most-respected and rigorous teacher training schools in the world. It’s a place where students go to become teachers, and where teachers go to become industry transformers. Join the movement!