EPISODE 160: At-Home Kombucha Brewing
Prefer to download? Download
Ever heard of kombucha? Kombucha is a fermented tea loaded with beneficial bacteria, activated micronutrients, and if you like sour – it tastes amazing. Traditionally, it’s made with black tea and sugar, fermented by an added Scoby (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast) for days, weeks or even months. Basically, this is sweet, rotten tea that’s actually good for you.
On this week’s show, Lucas Rockwood and Hannah Crum explore the benefits of drinking Kombucha, and how easy it is to start brewing at home.
Hannah Crum, also known as “The Kombucha Mamma” has been brewing kombucha and teaching others since 2004. From homebrew hobbyist, to educator, to Master Brewer, Hannah is committed to providing the most accurate and up-to-date information to kombucha lovers and homebrewers at any stage in their experience.
In this Show, You’ll learn:
- The history of this rotten tea and its role in modern day society
- Wild vs. controlled fermented foods
- Store bought vs. homemade kombucha
- Do’s and don’ts for newbie at-home kombucha brewers
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Health metrics – how can you tell if you’re really healthy?
Links & References from the Show:
- Write to us email@example.com
Thanks to our sponsors!