EPISODE 137: Can We Feed the World on Plants?
Prefer to download? Download
This week, Lucas Rockwood and Dr. Thomas Campbell discuss food, nutrition and the health of our planet. Dr. Campbell is the co-author of, The China Study, an extremely influential and highly-debated book on food, nutrition, and plant-based diets specifically. He is an instructor of clinical family medicine at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. A board certified family physician, he has a primary care practice in Rochester, NY.
In addition, Dr. Campbell is the executive director and an educator at the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, a nonprofit organization in Ithaca, NY, which promotes optimal nutrition through science-based education, advocacy, and research in partnership with eCornell, Cornell University’s online course provider.
In this Show, You’ll learn:
- The benefits of plant-based nutrition, raw foods and living foods
- The challenges of a wheat, soy, and starch-based approach to eating
- The healing impact of a plant-based diet on the human body
- The future of nutrition: how are we going to feed the world?
- All about Dr. Campbell’s new book, The Campbell Plan”
Links & References from the Show
- Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org