You Need Healthy Fats – They’re Good for You!
Did you know there are specific fatty acids that reduce inflammation, heal your gut, nourish your brain and may even prevent heart disease and cancer?
These “essential fats,” such as Omega-3’s, are crucial to your health, but since your body is unable to synthesize them from foods, deficiencies are extremely common and can cause a wide range of ailments including mood disorders, hormonal imbalances, chronic inflammation, and even cognitive problems.
“Your body cannot make omega-3 fats, so if you don’t eat them, you don’t get them – and deficiency is extremely common!”
You’ve heard this before, right?
Everyone is talking about Omega-3 fats, but no one is really eating them—and certainly not every day like they should be. The reason for this is really simple. 100 years ago, there were dozens of common foods that contained Omega-3 fats, even foods like milk, beef, sea vegetables and sea foods.
Today, with modern agriculture and modern farming practices, Omega-3’s are extremely rare, and almost non-existent in most people’s diets. Even if you eat fish, usually those fish were farm-raised and didn’t eat the algae where they would naturally get Omega-3’s.
And even if you take fish oil capsules, those fish oils are often rancid and much of the potential benefit has literally “rotted” as fish oils are not stable and shouldn’t be packaged for shelf storage.
So should a health-loving yoga student who wants to feed his brain some good old fashioned, omega-3s fats do?
Eat seeds! Both flax and chia seeds are some of the most omega-3-rich foods on the planet. They are extremely affordable, easy-to-find organically grown, and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes.
Meet Your New Friend, Chia!
Chia Seeds (salvia hispanica) are one of the least-known, most potent superfoods on the planet. They are known as the ‘secret seeds’ of the Tarahumara Native American Indians of Copper Canyon in Mexico who casually run 50-100 miles at a time, often wearing nothing but homemade sandals. This is plant-based warrior food!
Here’s Why You’ll Love Chia Seeds
- Loaded with Omega-3’s for heart health, hormonal balance, mental health & a super immune boost
- Packed with protein for strength and stamina
- Rich source of calcium and boron for strong bones
- Great source for B vitamins
- Super easy to eat (grinding/blending is optional)
- 100% natural, neutral flavor, easy-to-absorb superfood
Benefits of Omega-3 Fats
- Best Source of Vitamin “F” on Earth! – Essential fatty acids (a.k.a. Vitamin F) are fats our bodies cannot create on their own. You’ve got to eat them, and there are not many reliable sources. So most people are mildly-to-severely lacking in Omega-3 fatty acids in particular and as a result are at risk for heart disease, cancer, and even mental illness.
- Medical Research Shows Chia is King – Omega-3’s are believed to fight cancer, prevent and possibly reverse heart disease, and keep your brain healthy and protected from neurological illness and neurotoxins.
- Better than Milk for the Bones – Chia is a rich source of bio available calcium and boron, making it a powerfully natural way to keep your bones healthy.
- Extremely Stable – most Omega-3 sources such as flax or fish oils are wildly unstable and go rancid very easily (with heat, light, or oxygen exposure) losing their effective nutritional benefits. Chia is extremely stable, making it the preferred wholefood supplement source for Omega-3, hands down.
- Easy to Eat – flax seeds have to be ground and then eaten immediately. Fish oils are often contaminated with heavy metals and pollutants, and they give you “fish burps” which are disgusting. Chia is virtually tasteless and can even be stored at room temperature if needed. No grinding, no hassle. Just add to water or juice and drink!
- 20% Protein Energy Source – Chia are packed with bio-available protein that is easy to digest and does not cause constipation.
- Nutrient Dense Superfood – Chia seeds provide iron, magnesium, potassium (equal to 3-4 bananas), Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, phosphorus, manganese, copper, iron, molybdenum, niacin, and zinc.
- 42% Fiber for Healthy Gut & Bowels – Chia does NOT give you gas or bloating, but it does keep you regular and healthy with your bowel movements.
- Great for Travel – forget about trying to take flaxseeds or flax oil with you on a trip. Whether you realize it or not, your flax will go rancid and lose most of its benefits before you get to the airport. Chia is so easy. Just toss a baggie into your suitcase—and you’re set! Mix with water or juice wherever you are, and you always know you’ve got a healthy source for your essential fats.
Students Are Saying…
“I use the chia seeds in a blended drink with soaked seeds, dried fruits, Bee pollen and spirulina. The chia seeds fill out the drink, making me feel fuller for longer. Getting the EFA’s into my body has been noticeable and I feel I have more overall sustained energy.”
– Stephen James Baker (yoga student)
“I eat at least one tablespoon of Chia seeds a day. They are a revelation. My intestines are humming, and my skin is really soft. I have given these away to friends, and recommend them to everyone.”
– Julie Madill (yoga instructor)
“They feel so amazing in my system. I often start my day with some chia and water for breakfast. Within 10 minutes I’m completely satisfied for 2 – 3 hours.”
– Deirdre Butler (yoga student)
The Legend of the Tarahumara
The Tarahumara Indians, also known as the “Raramuri” which means “runners,” inhabit the rugged Sierra Madre region of Northern Mexico known as the Copper Canyon.
The Tarahumara live in caves and cabins at elevations of 7,000 and 9,000 feet. It’s extremely rugged terrain with a mixture of mesas, valleys and canyon walls.
The Tarahumara people run up and down the steep canyons daily as a means of transportation and communication, but also as a competitive sport between villages.
As a result, the Tarahumaras are world-renown for their endurance running, particularly after a 55 year old won a ultra-marathon in Leadville Colorado; a 100-mile brutal competition at high altitude.
Some attribute the Tarahumara’s speed and stamina to their native land, some claim it’s their hand-made shoes, and still others believe it’s their plant-based diet consisting primarily of Pinole, a minimally-processed concoction of maize soaked in limewater, then roasted, and ground with some Chia seeds.
More than likely, the Tarahumara’s superb running ability comes from a combination of things, but still, with such a simple diet and only one real superfood—it’s drawn worldwide attention. Chia absorb 30 times their weight in liquid making them an ideal food for prolonged, slow-release energy and hydration. And since most people have never even tried chia, it’s exciting to introduce this new and very ancient seed into your diet.
What About the Taste? Using the recipes here, you’ll learn how delicious chia seeds can be. They are virtually tasteless and even children happily eat them if you sprinkle them in a cereal or mix with juice (I feed them to my daughter with apple juice).
Omega-3 & Me!
A 10-Part Video Recipe Course Using Chia Seeds!
Everyone knows you need to eat more Omega-3’s, but what can you make that actually tastes good? To help you find inspiration in the kitchen, YOGABODY’s guest chef, Tina Leigh, put together a 10-part video series to teach you how to Omega-3 up your meals in a flash. Fast, fun and delicious… you’ll love these!
10-PART VIDEO PROGRAM COMPONENTS
DRINKS: Piña Chia Fresca, Chia-Pomegranate and Grapefruit Granita
SMOOTHIES: Banana Zucchini Bread Smoothie, Kiwi Strawberry Chia Smoothie, Mixed Berry, Mint & Flax Seed Smoothie
MEALS & SNACKS: Cabbage & Carrot Slaw with Creamy Chia Dressing, Carrot, Flax & Oat Energy Bites, Beet, Grapefruit & Arugula Salad with Kiwi-Chia Dressing, Chocolate Chia Dipped Banana, Chia Breakfast Porridge
DIGITAL DELIVERY: get instant access to all video recipes and recipe downloads immediately after purchase.
GET INSTANT ACCESS!
10 Video Recipes, Downloadable Recipe Cards,
Fast, Easy & Delicious Chia-Seed Goodness!
Normal Price =
You Pay Just $14.95!
Digital Delivery – Online Program
365-Day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – if for any reason (or no reason at all) you are not happy with this program, just send an email to us for a prompt and hassle-free refund.